If you love banana bread as much as we do, then you will want to make these muffins using our Organic Banana Bitcoins! Each bite is bursting with sweet banana flavor with the perfect amount of crunch from toasted walnuts. A classic favorite just got a clever makeover thanks to these Bitcoins!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1/3 cup Solely Organic Banana Bitcoins
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 medium ripe bananas, peeled & mashed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup date syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (178 C) and line a muffin tin with paper or silicone muffin liners.
- Pour hot water over the Mix the almond flour, arrowroot powder, baking powder, ground cinnamon and sea salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, mashed banana, vanilla extract, date syrup and coconut. Fold in the rehydrated Bitcoins.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet until well-combined. Gently fold in half of the chopped walnuts.
- Fill each lined muffin cup with batter and top with the remaining chopped walnuts.
- Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick pierced in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the tray and serving.
- Serve between 12, storing any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Notes about the recipe: You can use any nut that you prefer in this recipe, such as chopped pecans, almonds or macadamia nuts.
Credit: Recipe prepared by Sarah Steffans