Jazz up a plain ol’ pot of brown rice with our Organic Mango Strips, toasted almonds, cherry tomatoes, herbs, and fresh lime! You’ll love how easy this exotic dish is to create!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup dry brown rice, cooked (or 2 cups cooked)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Zest from 1 small lime
- 1 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1/2teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2cup cherry tomatoes (any color), quartered
- 1/2 cup Solely Organic Dried Mango Strips, chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds, chopped
- 1/4cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- If preparing a fresh batch of brown rice, cook according to the package’s instructions.
- When the rice is done cooking, add the olive oil, lime juice, sea salt, and black pepper to a mixing bowl, cherry tomatoes, Solely Organic Dried Mango Strips, almonds, and parsley to the rice.
- Toss together until everything is coated in the vinaigrette and the mix-ins are evenly throughout the rice.
- Garnish with additional fresh parsley.
- Serve between 4.
- Store any leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Notes about the recipe: Add some protein to this dish by serving alongside grilled chicken, shrimp, or your favorite Vegan protein! Experiment with different nuts, such as cashew, walnut, and pecans.
Credit: Recipe prepared by Sarah Steffans