This fast and easy recipe uses our Whole Organic Spaghetti Squash. It takes the work and time out of meal prep, and it tastes delicious! Creamy ricotta cheese is seasoned with lemon zest and nutmeg and combined with spinach for a nourishing and balanced dish!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 4-6 minutes
- 2 cups cooked Solely Spaghetti Squash
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice from 1 medium lemon
- Zest from 1/2 medium lemon
- 1/2cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1/4cup toasted walnuts
- Fill a medium pot about two-thirds full with water and bring to a boil. When boiling, add the Solely Spaghetti Squash and boil until soft, 4-6 minutes.
- Strain squash in a colander and set aside.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice and zest, ricotta cheese, sea salt, black pepper, and ground nutmeg to a large mixing bowl and mix together. Add baby spinach and toss together.
- Add cooked and drained Solely Organic Spaghetti Squash to the bowl and gently toss together until it is coated evenly. Garnish with toasted walnuts.
- Serve between 4.
- Store any leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Notes about the recipe: You can use any nut or seed that you prefer in this recipe. We used walnuts, but you can experiment with pine nuts, pistachios, almonds, or cashews!
Credit: Recipe prepared by Sarah Steffans