Miso sauce adds umami flavor to this savory batch of Solely Organic Banana Fusilli Pasta with green veggies. This recipe is great any night of the week, add some grilled shrimp, scallops or tempeh to increase its protein.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 4-6 minutes
1 box (3 cups dry) Solely Banana Pasta
1 tablespoon white or yellow miso paste
2 tablespoons very hot water
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoons fine sea salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup steamed Brussels sprouts, ends removed & halved
1 cup frozen sweet peas
1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, minced
- Fill a medium pot about two-thirds full with water and bring to a boil. When boiling, add the Solely Banana Pasta and boil until soft, 4-6 minutes.
- Strain pasta in a colander and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the miso sauce. Mix miso paste in a bowl with hot water, then mix in the olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt, and black pepper. Pour into a mixing bowl.
- Add the cooked banana pasta, steamed Brussels sprouts, defrosted sweet peas, and half of the minced mint to the bowl.
- Toss together until the pasta and veggies are coated in the sauce.
- Garnish with the remaining minced mint.
- Serve between 3.
Store any leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Notes about the recipe: Miso paste can be found in the refrigerated section where the vegan products such as tofu or tempeh are stored at your market. White is the most mild in flavor, followed by yellow, with red being the strongest.
Credit: Recipe prepared by Sarah Steffans